UV Spectrophotometric Determination of Olmesartan Medoxomil in Pure and Pharmaceutical Formulation
Olmesartan medoxomil (OM) is a new angiotensin II receptor antagonist agent. Olmesartan medoxomil is a prodrug, which, after ingestion, liberates the only active metabolite, olmesartan. Simple and sensitive method has been developed for determination of olmesartan medoxomil in both pure and pharmaceutical formulation. This method obeys Beer’s law in the concentration range of 15-55 µg/ml, exhibiting maximum absorption at 258.10 nm. In this method no interference from the common pharmaceutical excipients was observed. The developed and validated method was applied for the determination of olmesartan medoxomil in pharmaceutical dosage forms.
2. Celebier M, Altinoz S. (2007); Determination of olmesartan medoxomil in tablets by UV-Vis spectrophotometry; Pharmazie; 62(6); 419-22.
3. Ermer J, Ploss HJ (2005); Validation in pharmaceutical analysis, part II: central importance of precision to establish acceptance criteria and for verifying and improving the quality of analytical data; J Pharm Biomed Anal; 37(5); 859–870.
4. Fabre H, Altria KD (2001); Validating CE methods for pharmaceutical analysis; LC-GC 14; 302–310.
5. Green JM (1996); A practical guide to analytical method validation. Analhem 68; 305A–309A.
6. ICH Topic Q2A (1995); Validation of analytical procedures: methodology, CPMP/ICH/281/95.
7. Koike H, Konse T, Sada T, Ikeda T, Hyogo A, Hinman D, Saito H, Yanagisawa H (2003); Olmesartan medoxomil, a novel potent angiotensin II blocker; Ann Rep Sankyo Res Lab 55; 1–91.
8. Mire DE, Silfani TN, Pugsley MK (2005); A review of the structural and functional features of olmesartan medoxomil, an angiotensin receptor blocker; J Cardiovasc Pharmacol; 46(5); 585–593.
9. Patel J, Kavin G, Patel A, Raval M and Seth N (2011); Development of the UV spectrophotometric method of Olmesartan medoxomil in bulk drug and pharmaceutical formulation and stress degradation studies; Pharmaceutical Methods; 2(1); 36-41.
10. Unger T, McInnes GT, Neutel JM, Bohm M (2004); The Role of olmesartan medoxomil in the management of hypertension; Drugs; 64(24); 2731–2739.
11. Verma PK and Kamboj VK (2013); HPTLC method for estimation of olmesartan medoxomil in tablet formulation with stability studies;Pak. J. Pharm. Sci; 26(1); 209-215.